How to enter ?
Download the documents
- Download the guidelines. Click here
- Download the toolkit. Click here
- Download the ZIP file containing the template in the following formats: JPG, PDF, EPS and TIFF. Click here
Design your medal
Choose the format you prefer, let your creativity flow and show us what you think the official medal of the Youth Olympic Games Buenos Aires 2018 should look like.
When designing your medal, you must respect the following guidelines:
- The competition is to design the front side of the medal only (the reverse side will be designed by the Buenos Aires 2018 Organising Committee (BAYOGOC)).
- Your design (the front) should reflect the spirit of the Summer Youth Olympic Games while the reverse side, designed by BAYOGOC will reflect elements of Argentine culture and their emblem.
- The border of your design must be circular in shape with no elements cut out.
- The Olympic rings should appear somewhere in your design.
- The Olympic rings must always be reproduced in their pure form. They may not be altered, formed from other elements or cut.
- Do not add text to your design except if you wish to use the words Youth Olympic Games
- For more information read the Rules of the Youth Olympic Games Medal Design Competition to help create your design
Submit your design
Upload your design in the template, respecting the following:
- Size: 600x600 minimum pixels.
- Size: 1000x1000 maximum pixels.
- Maximum resolution of 300 dpi.
- Format file: JPG or PNG.
- Give a name to your design and add a description.
- Complete your personal information.
- Click submit.
Once you have entered, you will receive an email confirming your entry has been received by the International Olympic Committee (IOC). You will be required to click on the link in the email to confirm your entry. The IOC will then proceed with reviewing your entry to ensure it respects the Rules of the Youth Olympic Games Medal Design Competition which you agree to comply with by registering and submitting your design. You will receive a second email to confirm your entry has been entered into the competition and it will be uploaded into the online gallery.
Competition opens: 16 November 2017 Competition closes: 12 January 2018 (midnight GMT+1) Results announced: 31 January 2018